After working out how to apply the mask patterns to the QR code scanner, I tested it for the first time.  It was a long 30 seconds of moving the reader back and forwards before finally I got presented with the time (not the most efficient way of getting the time but oh well).  Initially I was using the red pixels to display what would be black in a standard QR code; however after returning to the website were I initially saw this great project I realised that he had in fact reversed the colours.  This was very simple to do in code, a couple of lines did the job.  Now the QR code scans much faster with every scanner I have tried.  Pictured at the top is old colours on the left, inverted on the right.  I have also decided that it looks far better to have the clock changing every second; this also means if there is a small bug in my generating code which I have not yet found it doesn't ruin my demonstration as it quickly moves onto the next code.  

I have been very pleased with how this project has gone, from start to finish it took roughly 6 weeks and involved me making my first PCB and also using SMD technology.  The great thing about the design of the PCB means that in theory I could make a larger array with it having to change too much; maybe in the future I will attempt a QR code which can hold more data, and maybe even source some data from the internet to be displayed.

Comment